Todays workout focus on explosive overhead movements so please modify as necessary. After the metabolic conditioning use the recommended shoulder placement to finish off your workout.
Push Press 3 x 5
Every 3 minutes of x3 rounds of:
10 Kettle Bell Swings @ 70/53#
25 Push Press @ 85/60#
** Every Break = 5 Burpees
Pad Placement: Shoulders
COMPEX 50K SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. MANY WILL ENTER AND FEW WILL WIN. YOU HAVE NOT YET WON.
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS NOT ENDORSED BY OR AFFILIATED WITH INSTAGRAM. AS A CONDITION TO ENTERING THIS PROMOTION, YOU RELEASE INSTAGRAM, FROM ALL LIABILITY.
- Eligibility: The Compex 50K Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. If you are a minor in your state of residence, you must have the consent of your parent or legal guardian to enter. Employees and non-employee workers of DJO Consumer, LLC and its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and agents, and those prize providers and agencies that are involved in the development or execution of this Sweepstakes or any of its materials, and the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such person are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
- Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by DJO Consumer, LLC,
1325 Sycamore Ave Ste B, Vista, CA 92081 (“Sponsor”).
- Agreement to Official Rules: By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
- Promotion Period: The Sweepstakes begins at 3pm Pacific Standard Time (“PST”), April 5, 2017and ends at 3:00 p.m. PST, April 7, 2017 (the “Promotion Period”).
- Guidelines And Restrictions:
- Entries must not contain material that violates or infringes on another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity, or intellectual property rights.
- Entries must not disparage Sponsor or any other person or party affiliated with the Promotion.
- Entries must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous, derogatory, or libelous.
- Entries must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred, or harm against any group or individual, or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
- Entries must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of, or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where the Entry is created.
Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any Entry that violates these restrictions or that otherwise does not comply with the requirements of these Official Rules.
- Drawings: There will be a drawing to win the prizes described below on or about April 8, 2017. On the drawing date, Sponsor will select the name of two (2) potential Grand Prize winners and ten (10) potential First Prize Winners in a random drawing of all eligible Entries received during the Promotion Period. The potential winners will be notified by direct message on their Instagram account; entrants agreed to be so notified and to maintain their account in a manner to allow such direct messaging If a potential winner fails to respond within five (5) days of notification or any notification is returned as undeliverable, Sponsor may select an alternate winner in a random drawing. The odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible Entries received during the Promotion Period.
- Requirements of Potential Winners: Potential winners must continue to comply with the Official Rules. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all of Sponsor’s requirements. Each potential winner may be required to sign and return to Sponsor, within five (5) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, a Declaration of Compliance, Liability & Publicity Release (except where prohibited) and applicable tax documentation (e.g. W-9) in order to claim his/her prize and to fulfill any such other requirements as determined by Sponsor. If a potential winner fails to do so, he/she may be disqualified and forfeit the prize. In the event that a potential winner cannot be contacted, forfeits the prize or is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will select an alternate potential winner in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible Entries, up to three (3) alternates. If the alternate potential winners are disqualified, the applicable prize will not be awarded.
- Prizes: The following prizes will be awarded (the “Prizes”):
- Two (2) Grand Prizes will be awarded, each consisting of a Sport Elite Compex Device. Approximate Retail Value of each such Prize (“ARV”): $649.99.
- Ten (10) First Place Prizes will be awarded, each consisting of a Compex T-Shirt (ARV: $10)
Prizes are not transferable and not redeemable in cash. There is no prize substitution, except that Sponsor may substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the advertised prize is not available. Each Prize winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with Prize receipt and/or use. Limit: 1 Prize per person. All expenses of using the Prizes not specifically listed above are the sole responsibility of the winners. Sponsor makes no representation and warranties regarding the Prizes and expressly disclaims the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular use.
- Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s consent for Sponsor and its designees to use entrant’s name, likeness, prize information, city and state of residence for promotional purposes in any media worldwide without further consideration or right of approval.
- General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but, not limited to, fraud, virus or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) cancel the Sweepstakes and award the prizes in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Release and Limitations of Liability: Except where prohibited, by participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Twitter] and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, promotional partners, prize partners, agents and agencies, and the officers, directors and employees of them (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, printers or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of Entries; (e) late, lost, or undeliverable Entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt, use or misuse of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. If, for any reason, an entrant’s Entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another Sweepstakes Entry, if it is possible. If the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any prize offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth herein to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
- Disputes: Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Southern District of California or the appropriate California State Court located in San Diego County, California; and (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering any Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
- Winner List: For a winner list, visit [ ]. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete. The winner list will also be posted on Instagram @compexusa
Todays workout is all about aerobic conditioning!
As many reps as possible in 45 minutes:
20 Pull Ups
20 KB Sumo Deadlifts @53/35#
Program: Active Recovery
Todays workout is focused on building leg strength and finishing with a high intensity AMRAP at the end. Don’t forget to post your reps in the comments after finishing the workout.
Back Squat 3 x 5
As Many Reps as Possible in 1 min:
Back Squats @135/95#
2 Min Rest
As Many Reps as Possible in 1 min:
Incline Push Ups on 20/24″ (Hands on Box)
2 Min Rest
Pad Placement: Quads
It’s so simple, yet so complex: the push-up.
Any time you walk into a gym you’re guaranteed to see someone performing some variation of a push up. This move is so popular because they can be done anywhere, and when done right can challenge your whole body. Use the key points combined with your Compex device to build your push-up strength (see below).
Key Points for Push Ups right
- Place hands flat on the ground, shoulder-width apart. If the hands are too far out this could lead to a shoulder injury
- Engage the core
- Extend the legs straight out with the balls of your feet on the ground. Modification: Being on your knees, this will help you build strength while working on form.
- Lower the chest and thighs to the ground
- Keep the core stays engaged throughout the entire movement
- Make sure the elbows should stay angled towards the hips, no more than 45 degrees away from the body.
- Push back up to the start position
- Make sure your hips and core stay engaged to come up at the same time as the chest.
Targeting the Weak Areas with Compex
To get more out of your push-ups you can use the Compex to add resistance using the program that fits your goals best. Use the electrode placements below to target the mid back or triceps during your workout.
Check out the review in Men’s Health and Fitness on the Sport Elite and Wireless Device by Brittany Smith. Complete article here http://www.mensfitness.com/life/gearandtech/fitness-test-compex-muscle-stim-devices
YOU CAN ZAP your muscles—literally send an electric current down to nerve fibers, fire your motor neurons, and stimulate a strong muscle contraction. It’s called NMES, neuro-muscular electrical nerve stimulation; more specifically, we’re talking about two NMES stimulators from Compex, a company that’s been in the business of electrotherapy for over 20 years. So why should you want to try it out? For one, NMES can help you heal quicker if you’re coming back from an injury. But, it’s not just for guys who have been sidelined. It can also help you recover faster after a brutal WOD and even boost your performance in workouts by better activating bodyparts.
And it doesn’t hurt—aside from some alien tingling sensation you quickly get used to. I can attest to this; I tested both the Compex Sport Elite Muscle Stimulator Kit and the Compex Wireless USA Muscle Stimulator Kit.
But before you read what I thought, check out everything you need to know about personal NMES devices first.
Compex will be at the 2017 Arnold Fitness Festival this week in Columbus Ohio. The Arnold is a collection of athletic competitions including Bodybuilding, Martial Arts, and Powerlifting, as well as a Fitness Expo welcome to all spectators. Compex will be on site at the Fitness Expo March 3-5, performing demonstrations and offering special event pricing. You can find us at Location C booth #1759. If you can’t make it to the event we still have great deals available online!
Just in case you missed it:
Follow Us on Instagram at @compexusa for a new Tip every Tuesday at noon
This tip is about how to use Compex to correct your posture. As most of us spend our day hunched over at a desk, working on a computer, being able to strengthen our postural muscles can be valuable and help reduce the risk for future injuries.
Whether looking for a tool to boost your fitness and strength or recover from an injury quickly, electric muscle stimulation (EMS) can help you achieve your goal. With that comes many questions, like what exactly is NMES and TENS? This is a common question we get at events when we are demonstrating the Compex’s uses and benefits. To avoid further confusion, we want to clarify the differences between NMES (NeuroMuscular Electrical Stimulation) and TENS (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation). Many people have been in physical therapy and may have had an experience with TENS and NMES devices, but were not educated on the difference between these types of stimulus.